PanTHERA CryoSolutions is a company that specializes in developing novel cryoprotectants for the preservation of cell and tissue constructs for regenerative medicine and cellular therapy applications. Our patented ice recrystallization inhibitor (IRI) technology exceeds our competitors’ products by providing superior cryoprotection which increases cell recovery and product quality for our customers.
We are proud of our passionate, high-performance culture – one based on a set of values that are the cornerstone of who we are and how we hold ourselves accountable. Founded in 2018, we are headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta and operate our chemical synthesis and manufacturing facility in Ottawa, Ontario. We offer a collaborative and highly innovative work environment founded upon scientific excellence.
- Work as a part of an interdisciplinary team to develop and optimize the synthesis of ice recrystallization inhibitor-based cryopreservation products.
- Independently design and execute experiments, collect, maintain and interpret data.
- Articulate and present results to the project team
- Ensure R&D deliverables are met on time.
- Assist in development of quality control processes.
- Assist in design and execution of formulation, stability, and material compatibility studies
- Assist in the scale-up of manufacturing processes
- Assist in the procurement processes in Ottawa and coordinate material and resource allocations.
- Work under minimal supervision, receiving specific instructions only on unusual problems or on matters which depart significantly from established policies and procedures.
- PhD degree in synthetic organic chemistry / medicinal chemistry is required. PhDs must have been granted no more than 5 years prior to the application.
- Candidates must meet all MITACS eligibility criteria.
- 2+ years of relevant laboratory experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry is preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in developing and running chemical assays, analyzing data, summarizing & interpreting data is strongly preferred.
- Highly adaptable and responsive to new priorities.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Focused team-oriented player, with a strong work ethic is required.
- Enthusiasm to tackle difficult problems, learn new technologies, and work in an exciting, high paced environment is a must.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Statement
PanTHERA CryoSolutions is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
How to Apply
To apply to this position, please send a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com.
This position will remain open until it is filled.